When it comes to damage to your property there are various exceptions to homeowners policies that you may need to acquire different coverage for. Coverage for disasters like flood and earthquakes are often not covered in your homeowner’s policies.
Not only should the cost of rebuilding your house be covered but the belongings in your house should also be covered in case of a loss. Work with your agent to make sure the replacement cost of valuables is covered in your policy.
When it comes to saving on your home insurance policy there are a variety of ways to save without removing coverage.
- Packaging your home insurance and auto insurance.
- Having an architectural roof can help you save.
- Having security, fire safety, retaining walls, etc.
Questions for Us:
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are destroyed?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? Ask about multiple policies, security systems, and fire abatement discounts.
- What’s the process for filing and settling a claim?